We are just about to take off and would greatly appreciate your prayers during our travels. Below is a detailed itinerary of our plans. Of course, things change and plans rarely go as planned in South Sudan, but hopefully this schedule will allow you to keep up with us in prayer, even when we cannot update our blog or email list.
Thank you for traveling with us–in spirit–as we go on this journey. Please pray for us each day, using this schedule as a guide. Pray specifically for health, safety, and effective ministry.
Dan departs for South Sudan on February 3, 2015 and Teresa on February 12, 2015. This will very likely be our last trip to South Sudan before moving there for full time ministry in 2016.
February 3 – 8: Dan’s Travel (visits in Nairobi)
February 8 – 15: Bor/Werkok
- Teach “Godly Governance” class in Bor town
- Visit with key individuals in SS
- Evaluate location for primary residence when we move in 2016
February 12 – 15: Teresa’s travel
February 16 – 20: Bor/Werkok
- Teresa works with Mary Garang to implement Simply The Story Bible study.
- Evaluate the possibility of a school in Werkok
- Agricultural assessment and planning in Werkok.
February 21 – 27: Pibor – It looks like this portion of our trip is changing. Transportation to Pibor has not yet (as of 2/14) been secured. If we do not go to Pirbor, we will continue in Bor and Werkok working on the other projects. There is plenty to do to keep us busy no matter where we are.
- conduct agricultural assessment and training in the village of Pibor
- assist church leaders in beginning a children’s Sunday school program.
February 28 – March 3: Bor/Werkok
- Meet with leaders in Werkok for evaluation of new program implementation. (STS and ag)
March 4 – 8: Travel to US